STAYING AT FORDIE
The Estate offers outstanding accommodation during your Scottish Sporting Holiday.
The traditional Fordie Lodge and our 3 cottages situated around an attractive courtyard to the rear of the lodge are used to accommodate our visiting guests.
All bedrooms are individually designed and beautifully appointed, and we can accommodate parties of up to 20 people. Fordie Lodge has a spacious elegant drawing room with open fire and a traditional dining room, where our resident chef will delight you with superb menus.
ABOUT THE AREA
Fordie Estate is situated on the A85, just 1.5 miles outside the beautiful village of Comrie.
Comrie offers a good selection of shops, including a butcher, baker, delicatessen, general store, pharmacy, post office and coffee shops. There are also several public bars and restaurants, should you wish to dine out.
Further afield, Perthshire can offer something of interest to everyone. Here are just a few possibilities:
- Crieff is just a 10 minute drive away, offering a wide range of shops and activities including:
- The Gleturret Distillery is only 5 minutes down the road from the Estate.
- Perth & Stirling are both a 30 minute journey where there are tourist attractions such as Scone Palace, the crowning place of Scottish Kings and Stirling Castle, the childhood home of Mary Queen of Scots to visit.
- Several Golf Courses nearby – including the world class Gleneagles, the home of the 2014 Ryder Cup, and 2019 Solheim Cup just a 20 minute drive.
- There are plenty of walks and rambles in the area, including several Munros within an hour’s drive. Also, Comrie Croft Bikes is 2 minutes away and they can hire bikes as well as give advice on the local cycle routes and trails.
- Loch Earn is 20 minutes from the Estate and in season offers sailing, water skiing and kayaking activities.